Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 57: Demming, NM to Tucson, AZ

I'm guessing we had about 250 miles to get to Tucson and the time went by really fast riding in a vehicle. It seemed much too short a time to visit with my uncle and his wife. I was dropped off in Tucson about 10 miles from my friend's home with half a day to kill before anyone would be home. I spent some of that time in a coffee shop checking email and such, the rest of the time was spent relaxing on the front porch of the house listening to my portable radio.
I initially bought the radio to listen to weather reports but I ended up checking the television, the internet or making an occasional call to my brother instead. Regular AM/FM stations were few and far between and/or were Spanish. Today I had lots of stations to choose from and they were quite enjoyable. Excellent weather and sunset to boot! I even saw a shooting star!

No comments: